THE DEADLINE FOR REQUESTING WRISTBANDS IS TUESDAY, DEC 3, 2019!!!
Join us for the 38th Annual Santa Fest Parade in Downtown Tampa. Wear your antlers or your Santa hats or any other festive headwear, colorful ribbons maybe worn on your corsets. Please remember, no Santa characters are allowed. This is a Children's parade! You may bring your children (school age children only please) to participate with the following rules:
• Each member is allowed to bring NO MORE THAN 2 child guests or their immediate children. Immediate children are defined as those under the age of 18 who are a son, daughter, step-son or step-daughter.
• Members with more than 2 immediate children must also have an adult guest or guests to maintain a ratio of 1 adult per 2 children.
• You MUST RSVP through the website and also register your guest.
• Please also send an email to Natalie James, our 1st Vice-President at email@example.com listing the names and ages for each child guest. Natalie will provide you with wrist bands. There will be 2 colors of wristbands. One color will be used to show child guests with their members. The other color will identify children and members required to ride the float (children 6 and under). Only members with a "Float" wristband will be permitted to ride the float due to space limitations.
Younger children maybe pulled in wagon or stroller but are not alloweed to walk the parade.
- WE ARE EXCITED TO ANNOUNCE: THAT WE ARE HOSTING THE THIEVES OF SAN LORENZO THIS YEAR – LET’S BE SURE TO MAKE THEM FEEL WELCOMED!!!!
*Participants should be at the float at 10 a.m. (there is no krewe-sponsored transportation). Step off is at 11 am.
*Please do not throw beads in the staging area. Bead throwing begins west of Morgan Street and ends at Gasparilla Plaza.
*Soft candies, gum, gummies and taffies may be thrown. Hard candy and candy canes may not be thrown and should be handed to spectators.
*We will have Soda, water, and juice for the children will be available along with light snacks.
Staging: WE ARE NUMBER: 41. The float will be closer to the corner of Madison and Morgan Street..
PARADE ROUTE: Tampa’s Christmas Parade will proceed west on Madison Street then turn north onto Ashley Drive towards disbanding area.
Parking: Free parking is available on all streets with metered spaces. If you park south of Kennedy Blvd, you will need to pay for these metered spaces. Event parking is also available in The Riverside and Poe Parking Garages. If you plan on attending the Santa Fest Fair following the parade, it is strongly suggested you take advantage of these facilities. Please be aware that the parking garages will CLOSE AT 10 AM!
DISBANDING: Please follow the instructions below as well as instructions from TPD Officers during the parade.
• Parade Ends: The Parade ends at Gasparilla Plaza, please turn off music and stop throwing beads.
• Walkers/dancers/bands: Will turn left onto Gasparilla Plaza and, if applicable, immediately load onto your bus, or proceed to your vehicle, or join us in the park for Santa Fest! Please keep moving forward so we do not have a back-up on Gasparilla Plaza.
• Floats/motorized units: Will turn right onto Polk Street. TPD will direct you to Jefferson Street to head north and out of downtown Tampa. Please note: For safety reasons, Floats will not be allowed to stop in disbanding.
• For safety reasons Walkers accompanying a float or vehicle will be turned onto Gasparilla Plaza and will not be permitted to walk onto Polk Street. Floats will not be allowed to stop on the parade route or on Polk Street for participants to get on. Float riders needs to stay on the float as it proceeds through disbanding.
• Float Riders: Floats needing to unload riders will be directed by TPD to stop at Pierce Street, where you will have 2 minutes to disembark. Please note: No equipment or decorations break down will be permitted by on Polk Street by TPD.
If you have any questions please contact Natalie James or Virginia Gremley.
Parade Liaison: Denise Gray & Beverly Jackson
Safety officer: Beverly Jackson